Thursday, October 16, 2008

VRC Book Club gets a response from author!!

On October 2nd, the Virginia Readers' Choice High School Book Club met and discussed Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. It was a great book and the teens loved it. During our discussion we commented on the author's blog, letting her know how we felt about the book and about her future plans. Here is our post and her response! We are so excited that she wrote back to us!! Check out her blog: http://susanbethpfeffer.blogspot.com/

From the book club:

Congrats on being #8! Our book club just read LAWKI and we loved it. We are very excited about book #3. We think you should get book #1 made into a movie. By the way, is Dan coming back? We really liked him and would love to see him in the next one. He should drive up on a motorcycle and surprise her. And thank you for telling us that Lisa's baby was born. We were worried about them. Thank you again for writing this book! It rocks!

From the Lovettsville Library High School Book Club
Jessica (librarian), Lexi, Abigail, Hannah, Samantha

From the author, Susan Beth Pfeffer:

Hello Jessica (librarian), Lexi, Abigail, Hannah and Samantha, aka the Lovettsville Library High School Book Club-

Thanks for your comment. I'm all in favor of someone making a movie out of LAWKI, or d&g, or anything else I've ever written, but I don't think it will ever happen. At least it hasn't yet and my guess is if it were going to, it would have by now.I hear from lots of people who worry about Lisa and the baby, so I know I need to put them in to Book 3. I don't think I'm going to be able to get Dan back though. But I'll give it some thought to see if I can work it out somehow.Thanks again for your comment. I love how LAWKI can inspire one person to write all kinds of nifty murderous ideas, and other people to write about romance!

Thank you Susan Beth Pfeffer for writing back to us so quickly! We can't wait to see what you have for the future!! Check out the sequel, The Dead and the Gone.

No comments: